Chris Achilleos - The Beauty and the Beast


Year: 1978
Publisher: Paper Tiger
ISBN: 0905895126
Content: 92 pages with colour illustrations

When it comes to this title, first I always recall a sentence from my favourite movie, BladeRunner: "talking ´bout beauty and the beast - she´s both." Then there was Disney of course... oh and that odd cheesy TV series in the 80s... And then there is Chris Achilleos.

This must have been one of the first Paper Tiger books I got my hands on, probably around 1985 or 86 back in Budapest. I remember browsing through the pages, and I think this was the first book where I noticed the effort put in layout. Every picture has a border, nice typesetting - overall, somebody clearly took his/her time to DESIGN an artbook.

Inside there are amazons, and dragons, some scifi stuff also, but mainly things you would expect from somebody who actually draws like the Heavy Metal movie poster... ;)  There will be more from this quite famous artist to follow, so I will give you some actual links later.

No comments:

Post a Comment